At this year’s HOTSOS Symposium Tanel Poder presented a training day that really highlighted some very practical ways to tailor your environment so that common tasks will be easier. One tip that I have really appreciated is how to use the Unix/Linux package rlwrap (readline wrapper). Using this with a few parameters and in conjunction with SQL*Plus makes a huge difference. It is now possible to have a command history and tab-enabled auto-completion of keywords available in SQL*Plus.
Tags5 9i 10.7 application server Backups Bash BP5 Bundle Patch caching concurrent connection control cron crontab ebs enkitec erp Exadata grid hints java licensing Lion manager multicore oem Oracle oracle apps Oracle Instant Client OS X PIPELINED PIPE ROW pooling pricing rlwrap scripts shell shell scripting Sizing sql TABLE Table Functions Tape Toplink windows
- Binoy on HugePages Configuration and Monitoring
- Anthony on HugePages Configuration and Monitoring
- Eric Reinsmidt on Make bash scripts crontab-compatible
- Paul Elbow on My crsstat script: Improved Formatting of crs_stat on 10g and 11g
- Robert on My crsstat script: Improved Formatting of crs_stat on 10g and 11g